- 2 acorn squash, halved crosswise and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup chopped Georgia Pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup plus more to drizzle
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4-oz. log goat cheese
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Sprinkle inside of squash halves with salt and brush with melted butter. Turn upside down on baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
Stir together pecans, maple syrup and thyme. Turn squash upright on baking sheet. Reserving about 3 tablespoons pecan mixture, fill hollow of each squash with remaining pecan mixture. Slice goat cheese crosswise into four equal rounds. Place a round of cheese in hollow of each squash and sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Bake 10 minutes more. Drizzle with more syrup as desired and serve.
Nutrition information per serving: protein: 8g; fat: 25g; saturated fat: 8g; carbohydrate: 27g; fiber: 6g; sodium: 302 mg; cholesterol: 28 mg; calories: 347.