- 2 pounds fresh yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven 350 F. Coat 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook squash until very tender on stove in 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes or in microwave; drain. Mash or puree squash in food processor.
- In nonstick skillet, sauté green pepper and onion in oil until tender.
- In bowl, combine pureed squash, onion mixture, corn, sugar, and cornmeal. Season to taste.
- Transfer to prepared dish. In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle on top.6. Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
Nutritional information per serving:Calories 200Protein (g) 4Carbohydrate (g) 29Fat (g) 9Calories from Fat (%) 41Saturated Fat (g) 1Dietary Fiber (g) 5Sugars (g) 8Cholesterol (mg) 2Sodium (mg) 276Diabetic Exchanges: 1.5 starch, 1.5 vegetable, 2 fat