- 1 medium cooking pumpkin (4 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted butter
- 1-1/4 cups Georgia pecan halves
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Put pumpkin on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer. Bake 20 minutes or until edges just begin to color and pieces become tender. Shake pan gently to test for pumpkin sticking; release any pieces with a flat spatula. Sprinkle the pecans, garlic, and sage leaves over pumpkin and toss gently. Roast 7 minutes longer and serve.
Nutrition information per serving: calories: 208; protein: 2g ; carbs: 12g ; saturated fat: 1g ; monounsaturated fat: 12g ; polyunsaturated fat: 3g ; cholesterol: 0mg ; fiber: 4g ; sodium: 135mg.