- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted Georgia pecans
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Garnishes: lemon slice, fresh rosemary sprigs
Wash beans and remove ends. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange beans in a steamer basket and place over boiling water. Cover and steam approximately 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge green beans into cold water to stop cooking process; drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add green onions and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Add green beans, pecans, rosemary and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with lemon rind and garnish if desired. Serve immediately.