- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups chopped fresh ripe pear, unpeeled
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted Georgia pecans
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add pear and pecans and toss to coat. Make a well in the center. In a glass measuring cup whisk together milk, oil and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Divide batter among 12 lightly greased muffin cups (or you may line them with muffin papers). Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pans at once. Let cool on a wire rack.
Packaging tip: Place muffins in a pretty box lined with parchment paper.