- 2 pounds green zucchini (about 6 small)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/3 cup crushed Georgia pecans
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
1. Heat the oven to 425 F.
2. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, and then cut the halves lengthwise in thirds, so that each zucchini yields 6 slender wedges of roughly equal size. Slice these crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
3. Place the zucchini in a 9-x-13-inch roasting pan and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the white wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the black pepper. Toss to combine. Arrange the zucchini, skin side down, in the pan and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just beginning to brown. Add the Georgia pecans, on a separate baking dish or small cookie sheet for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time. The pecans will be done when fragrant and gently browned.